What is the Notaries Public Special Fund?
The Notaries Public Special Fund, formerly the Notaries Public Revolving Fund, is a fund held in the state treasury that is administered by the Attorney General.
Money in this fund is used to cover costs associated with the Attorney General’s office such as
- Personnel costs,
- Acquisitions of equipment
- Operating and administrative costs,
- And other activities related to notaries public as the department of the attorney general deems necessary.
Money deposited into this fund can come from:
- Various fees,
- Administrative fines and charges,
- Other payments received pursuant to section HRS 456-9,
- Penalties and fines for violations of sections HRS 456-3 and HRS 456-7,
- Appropriations made for deposit,
- And from any interest earned on money within the fund.